Giving away PGP2 (packages pgp-i, pgp-us)

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

Now that hamm is safely released, I'm going to act on my threat a few
months ago: I'm giving up on maintaining the PGP2 packages, pgp-i and
pgp-us. Since these will still be critical for Debian for some time to
come, it is important to get a new maintainer quickly.

My reason for giving up is that I feel I've fought enough with the
low quality of the PGP source code, and do not feel I have the nerve
anymore to tackle it to fix remaining problems, of which there are couple
severe ones in the bug tracking system.

In addition to the severe ones, there are a few easy ones that are
mostly packaging issues, and that should serve well as a way to get
familiar with the package for the new maintainer.

Since PGP is export-controlled in the US, and some other countries also
have stupid, police-state laws about crypto, prospective new maintaiers
should check their local laws about such issues before volunteering. As
far as I know, most civilized countries in the Europe (e.g., Finland, the
Netherlands, Germany, and the UK, but not necessarily France and Sweden,
though I have no hard facts about either) are OK in this regard. However,
you should check it yourself.

In addition, I'm giving up on rsaref, which I only packaged since pgp-us
needs it. The new PGP maintainer probably wants to take over that as well.