Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
> 	I don't like this proposal. This implies that if you want even
>  one package that depends on fhs, you end up moving stuff
>  indiscriminately into the new locations.

I suppose another option is to upgrade support programs only for slink
(making it a slink requirement that any program with a reference to
/usr/man also supports /usr/share/man in the same fashion, and similarly
for info, and doc (dwww)).

After slink we could start moving the referenced files.  We'd then insist
that people must upgrade everything to slink before upgrading beyond
that point.  [Or that they upgrade everything in their distribution.]

--
Raul