Re: Debian and the User Friendlies

David, you mentioned that you felt that you could contribute to Debian
based on your background in product management and marketing.  I
rather doubt that Debian can ever be a "managed product" (more like
herding, and being herded with, cats).  Of course, that is also
Debian's strength.

Anyhow, I think we all recognize we could use marketing help.  You
have to have a very thick skin, however, since so many Debian
developers are coders employed in companies where the marketing dept
is utterly clueless and yet calls all the shots.  So you can forgive
them occaisional irrational flamage towards "Marketing".

However, Debian desparately needs marketing.  Arguably, at least,
Debian needs shelf presence (even minor shelf presence), hardware
bundle deals, and just generally more exposure..  [Anyone ever talked
to the Sparc aftermarketers or "hardware brokers" who buy from SMCC
themselves?  They might be a ripe target for bundled Debian/sparc
boxes when Debian/sparc is ready.]  How about applying for govt
grants?  I don't know, things like that.  Pro bono legal assistance?