Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

Raul Miller on Mon, Jul 27, 1998 at 02:05:21PM -0400:
> > Are there any relevant programs that do not support MANPATH and
> > INFOPATH?
>
> Yes.  There are also programs that don't support /etc/manpath.config

This raises a question: why is this not in `/usr/etc/'? In fact should
not everything with a bin in `/usr/bin/' also have an rcfile in
`/usr/etc/' ? And the same for `/usr/local/'? This strikes me as common
sense for partitioning things, makes it straightforward.  Does no one
agree with this?

--
Scott