Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, James R. Van Zandt wrote:

> I think we have agreed to move toward FHS compliance, starting with
> slink.  I have looked at the FHS (http://www.pathname.com/fhs/), and
> have a few proposals:
>

> 			- 1 -
>
> The first major change I see is that documentation has moved to
> /usr/share.  To accommodate this, I suggest we take the following
> steps:

Is there a technical reason why we shouldn't simply make /usr/man and
/usr/info symlinks to /usr/share/man and /usr/share/info?  Then make
lintian check for explicit use of /usr/man and give errors.  The only
issue I see is wondering what to do when a user has /usr/share and /usr on
different partitions :-)

Jules