Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

    Jules> Is there a technical reason why we shouldn't simply make
    Jules> /usr/man and /usr/info symlinks to /usr/share/man and
    Jules> /usr/share/info?  Then make lintian check for explicit use
    Jules> of /usr/man and give errors.  The only issue I see is
    Jules> wondering what to do when a user has /usr/share and /usr on
    Jules> different partitions :-)

Relative symlinks and cp -r should remove that difficulty.

BTW, I much prefer the idea of an essential package creating
/usr/share/{info,man} & symlinking /usr/{info,man} to it that having
/usr/shar be the symlink.  It gets /usr/{info,man} moved early in the
process and allows the local admin to the move /usr/share to another
volume if they want.  Waiting untill late in the total conversion
process to make /usr/share a real directory is asking for trouble IMO.

--
Stephen
---