Re: Game plan for slink, a suggestion

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

Raul Miller:
> Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> wrote:
> > I'd rather not modify dbuild to interpret Depends-like headers. That stuff
> > is rather complicated to implement and best left for dpkg-dev to handle.
>
> All it has to do initially is bomb with a decent error if the dependencies
> aren't met, if even that.

To do even that, it needs to parse Depends-like headers, including
version numbers, and I'd rather not do that in shell scripts. The version
numbers are needed for example for kernel source dependencies.  Really,
this isn't something that dbuild should do.