Re: Game plan for slink, a suggestion

Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> wrote:
> I'd rather not modify dbuild to interpret Depends-like headers. That stuff
> is rather complicated to implement and best left for dpkg-dev to handle.

All it has to do initially is bomb with a decent error if the dependencies
aren't met, if even that.

Maybe later apt could provide a utility to aid in the auto-compilation
process.  Or maybe someone could write a tool to take a series of .dsc
dependencies and translate them into empty .deb with appropriate Depends.

The most complex part of it is the version-comparison code, and yeah,
it's probably reasonable to rely on dpkg-dev for that.

--
Raul