Re: User friendliness as a goal and a thing to be worked on

On Mon, Jul 27, 1998 at 08:21:20AM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
[...]
> I have a collegue who is blind and irc with another blind user.  Both use
> Linux and find it a lot easier to work with as a lot of stuff is text-based.
> They also both comented on the fact that it is very difficult for them to
> start up as they need the output to go to the com port.

Our sparc port has support for serial console. As the code is on the
boot-floppies source it will be pretty easy to use it for i386 as soon as
the kernel supports it. As slink will probably be based on kernel 2.2
that means slink boot-floppies will be blind-user-friendly.

--
Enrique Zanardi						ezanardi@ull.es