Re: KDE in hamm is a mess

On Wed, Jul 22, 1998 at 06:10:43PM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> i warned the kde people more than one year ago, that this stuff will cause
> trouble. but they did not hear ...

*sigh*

> i can agree with you, that for every program written by none kde people, and
> released under the gpl, debian should contact the author and ask him.
                          ^^^^^^

No, this is the dirty work that KDE has to do. We can only check if they
have done their homework. If they didn't, we can't distribute it as a
whole.

I agree that KDE has to ask every single author. I hope they do it.

It's in some way amusing that KDE is raising the moral finger to the Gnome
people stealing their code... (everyone who wants to talk with me about it
should probably reply in private mail).

Marcus