Re: Status of KDE/Qt - interim decision

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> If KDE is GPL, why cannot we ship binaries?
>
> Since it is DYNAMICALLY linked to Qt, we are not actually distributing
> Qt code with it -- and if freeqt gets finished, it could be used
> instead.

If freeqt gets finished, and the binaries when combined with freeqt
constitute work, then we could ship most of those binaries.

At the moment, we're rather hard-put to ship the source for the freeqt
stuff, let alone the binaries.  And there's no way we'll be able to get
the combination of kde+freeqt debugged before the release deadline.

Meanwhile, there's still some non-free software in kde (mimesupport).

--
Raul