Re: KDE in hamm - let's have a vote

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> While I am very upset at the KDE people for making these poor
> licensing decisions in the first place, and then perpetuating them by
> refusing to switch to a free alternative, I still think that we ought
> to have them in contrib/non-free as appropriate.

Well, the interesting thing is: who are these KDE people?

I just did a quick look through the KDE sources and pulled out
what looked like a bunch of people who had their names associated
with non-Qt-specific GPL licensed software:

Chi Ming HUNG, Dave Hudson, Davide Moretti, Francesco Zanichelli,
Gilles Dauphin, Gordon Matzigkeit, H. Peter Anvin, Harri Porten,
Johanes Plass, John Bovey, Karl Berry, Linus Torvalds, Markku Hihnala,
Miles Bader, Remy Card, Riccardo Facchetti, Rob Janssen, Robert Nation,
Shawn McHorse, Steve Scherf, Takashi Iwai, Theodore Ts'o, Thomas Esser,
Ti Kan, Tim Theisen, Tuukka Toivonen, Ulrik Vieth, Vincent Pagel.

Which is to say, please don't overgeneralize.  Just because some of
these authors have granted their permission for their software to be
used in a non-free context doesn't mean that all of them have.

Oddly enough, most of the above names don't appear in
http://kde.org/credits.html

--
Raul