Better menu systems (was Re: RH and GNOME)

fog@irfmn.mnegri.it <fog@irfmn.mnegri.it> wrote:
> Not necessarily. It's enought to have the menu method put all its
> stuff under a Debian top level menu and leave all the other stuff
> to the gui-menu-builder. What I don't like at now is to have lots
> of entries that don't work because I didn't installed all the gnome
> packages.

This kind of implies that the gnome system have some way of rebuilding
menus (perhaps tossing out entries which don't have an executable in path)
on some reasonable scale.  Perhaps there could be some program to run
to do this, or perhaps it could be part of the startup overhead for gnome.

That's what you're thinking?

--
Raul