Re: Upcoming Debian 2.0 Release

bcwhite@verisim.com (Brian White)  wrote on 17.07.98 in <[🔎] 35AF477F.37DF9C54@verisim.com>:

> >  > infocom           23563  infocom: /usr/doc/infocom/copyright doesn't
> >  > include a licence [30]  (Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com>)
> >
> > We have some more of these sort of bugs and we just downgraded them to
> > normal. What is the difference here?
>
> Beats me.  I just moved it to non-free and closed it (since it was my pkg).

I've not looked at the actual report, but if the title describes it
accurately, it seems to me the only alternative to actually fixing the bug
would be pulling the package out of Debian - without a licence, we can't
even put it in non-free. (Without a licence, nobody has any rights to do
anything with it.) I sure _hope_ it's not as bad as that ...

MfG Kai