Re: RH and GNOME

> 	And I think that user base has never been in jeapoardy,
>  really. After all, IMHO, this is the best darned distribution out
>  there. I think there are enough people out there who feel the same
>  for us not to be running in fear of the sky falling.

Manoj, do you read debian-user? If you do, you could notice that there were
NO clueles newbie questions there for several months. Release of 2.0beta
changed that for a little while and the same thing again. One year ago
the situation was totally different. I bet subscription level dropped
considerably from that time.

> 	Really? How? By abandoning the users who do not run a GUI?
>  Half of my machines do not run X.
>
> 	By making it harder to adminster a system remotely? A text
>  based system works under telnet. I refuse to abandone those users.

Very true.

> 	I fail to find anything wrong with the BSD, Artistic, or the
>  GNU public licenses. What flaws? rather than repeating your original
>  statement, it would be edifying if you treated us to a view of what
>  you percieve as a deficiency.

A bit off-topic.

I'm just wondering if I understand you interpretation of DFSG correctly.

So, if the software license says "you cannot use it on Microsoft OSes" it is
discrimintaion, right? If it says "you can use it only on Linux and Hurd",
it is still discrimination. But if it says "you can use it only on free
Operating Systems" - this is not a discrimintation?

What about "you can use it only on GPL'd OS"?

Thanks.

Alex Y.
--
   _