Re: CD README's

> I think everything suggested so far makes sense ... the word "official"
> should be used only on CDs that are copied from our official/gold CDs or
> the images of them on the website.

Right.  In other words, images matching the MD5SUMS that will be found at

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cd-images/2.0/MD5SUMS

> Otherwise,  we should allow:
>
> 	Binary only, one arch:  Debian Official (arch here) Binary CD
> 	Binary only, all arches:  Debian Official Complete Binary CD
> 	Binary and Source,  one arch:  Debian Official (arch here) CD
> 	        "        ,  all archs: Debian Official Complete CD
>
> 	or something like it.  We should also prevent anyone from calling
> anything "official" if it doesn't include /contrib as well as /main.

Why ?  contrib is not actually part of Debian.

The big problem with excluding the Contrib CD as I see it is that it includes
the source for the x11 packages, but if we're allowing ``binary only'' then we
might as well allow ``binary "main" only'', especially since that's just one
CD, so small scale gold CD producers don't have to burn an extra CD (which has
got little of interest to many users on it) just to get the ``Official'' tag.

If we are going to put restrictions on the combinations that can be called
official, then I think the source is a higher priority than contrib, which
probably means that the two choices we would allow would be 3 CD's for 1 arch,
or 4 CD's for both, and that's all.

Just to clarify, the CD images that are currently being generated are:

  binary-i386:    All the i386 binaries from hamm/main (bootable)
  binary-m68k:    All the m68k binaries from hamm/main
  source:         All the main source, except x11 (bootable, tecra disk)
  contrib:        the x11 source, and the hamm/contrib binaries for i386 & m68k

Cheers, Phil.