Re: Should we ship KDE in hamm?

Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> wrote:
> > And we definitely shouldn't have any such packages on our official
> > cdroms.
>
> Not seconded unless there are severe copyright issues.

Whatever happend to "contrib and non-free" are not an official part
of debian?

And some of the issues are severe.  If someone wants to go over contrib
and non-free, to separate the severe from the harmless problems, more
power to them.  But be warned that the copyright files are almost
useless for making the determination, in most cases.

Most of the GPLed software in contrib have copyright files that
don't even hint as to why they're in contrib, for instance.  So
you'll need to study the changelogs, the makefiles, etc...

--
Raul