Re: Should we ship KDE in hamm?

> ... And yes, this also affects
> other packages that use the GPL as their license but depend on non-free
> crap.  They would also have to be removed.  This *would* slow down
> the hamm release.  [which is a good reason not to do it, imho.]

Fair enough.

Anyway, I've now got enough people saying that KDE should stay in hamm, not
to feel compelled to strip it out in debian-cd scripts, so I'll not bother.

(there was a moment when nobody was saying ``let's keep it'', so having asked
 if we should, it looked like I was going to have to remove it.  I'm glad I
 don't have to worry about getting it right.  If Brian has a sudden rush of
 blood to the head, and removes it from the ftp archive, that up to him :-)

That said, I do think that we should aim at eliminating all software from
slink that has copyrights that are questionable.  Specifically, we should drop
any software that misapplies the GPL, unless we can get an exception from the
real actual author.

Cheers, Phil.