Re: RH and GNOME

> > > The GPL means that it can be the same kernel, that's what.
> >
> > I must disagree with your sentiment while I question your semantics...
> > what he's saying is true. Reference: 2.1.109ac2.
>
> Oh, come on.  There's lots of patched kernels out there.  They're
> all GPLed.  We can pull whatever we like out of 2.1.109ac2, and
> we can leave out whatever we don't like.

That is niether here nor there... If the 'ac' series of kernels gradually
digresses farther and farther from the main kernel tree until binary
compatibility is compromised, and RedHat uses the 'ac' series of kernels,
eventually you WILL have a 'standard' problem.. RedHat will be the
'standard' because they're the `market majority', like Netscape or
Microsoft. Therefore, you will be forced to adopt the ac series of kernels
or be left behind.

It's an example! It's just an example. :> Take it as such.

-Kysh