Re: RH and GNOME

> Kysh Dragon <debian@dragonfyre.soark.net> wrote:
> > If well made, the ./configure script will tell you what you need to
> > get, just like dpkg.
>
> yes.  Upgrades are sometimes tricky though.

Yes, sometimes. But -I- have never had a problem with upgrading programs
compiled from source.

> > > Can I easily uninstall or upgrade?
> >
> > Yep. for i in `locate programname`; do rm $i ; done
>
> This only works for trivial cases.

Yes, I know, but it's easy to remember where something has been installed
and to uninstall it from there.

Does anyone that's being cc'd here really want to be cc'd? If so, I'll
leave 'em and remove the rest.. this is getting ridiculous. ;>

-Kysh