Re: KDE in hamm - let's have a vote

Raul Miller writes ("Re: KDE in hamm - let's have a vote"):
> Well, the interesting thing is: who are these KDE people?
>
> I just did a quick look through the KDE sources and pulled out
> what looked like a bunch of people who had their names associated
> with non-Qt-specific GPL licensed software:

Have you contacted these people ?  Someone should do so.

This situation makes distributing either KDE or Qt impossible from my
point of view - that is, we can distribute KDE on its own, but not
together with Qt.  It was all very well when it was just the KDE
authors who might sue us, but (especially given our usual claim to the
moral high ground) we cannot go around violating the copyright of
major contributors to Linux like this.

I shall be contacting Brian to ask his opinion, and probably ask him
to remove KDE.

Ian.