Re: RH and GNOME

On Tue, Jul 21, 1998 at 08:53:24PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
[...]
> I hardly think that deserves an answer.  There have been many occasions
> when I've wished I could use an rpm (yes, I know about alien), and some
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> commercial stuff is distributed as rpms (not that I use commercial
> software personally when I can avoid it - but this provides value to our
> users).

So, what's wrong with alien? I've used it to install some commercial
RPMs for people in may group, and it has worked flawlessly.
What else do you want? Why would anyone need a f* unified package
format, if he have the tools to convert from whatever to its native
package format without losing functionality? (Now, go and ask that to
all those standard-writers out there).

--
Enrique Zanardi						ezanardi@ull.es