Re: segfaults in hamm

Scott Barker <scott@mostlylinux.ab.ca> writes:

> I don't know if anyone else has encountered this, but it seems some programs
> don't like the upgrades to libc6 and/or ncurses. Everytime I've applied an
> upgrade from hamm, I've had to rebuild sc and dialog, or I get segfaults out
> of them. I can't find this as a bug anywhere, except against sc, but I think
> the bug belongs somewhere else, I just don't know where. Anyone else notice
> this?

Something's segfaulting during my boot process after the latest
upgrade, but I haven't had time to check out what it is.

I also had a bunch of segfaults from the virtual PC install I was
doing -- bash would issue some nasty "free list" warnings and die.  I
eventually had to give it up, but that may be a whole different (and
probably irrelevant) problem.