Re: Consider a gimp contest for the Debian logo

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 02:05:55 +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

>a) There are some talented artists that can even draw with hand :)
>b) No need to explain them what a logo is, all submissions I saw were logos.
>c) They are used with Gimp, graphic processing etc and know about free
>   software.
>d) It'll save us time and energy.

>Point b) means that we can concentrate to think about what the logo should
>*mean* for us, e.g. the content.

    I say go for it.  Of the logos I've seen for the different distributions
rated on "sexiness" only the blob for the Infomagic CDs rates lower than
Debian.  Stampede's is just awesome and Red Hat's is catchy.  I look at
Debian's Logo and I'm reminded of chicks (baby chickens) in anime/manga with
the words "Piyu, Piyu" over their heads.  Cute, harmless, best to be stepped
on and never thought of again.  *shudder*

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my