Re: Debian i386 freeze

Manoj Srivastava writes:
> And troll may well sue for modifying the Qt header files, which the KDE
> license gives the right to modify.

It gives the right to modify the work of the KDE authors without fear that
they will sue for copyright infringement.  It does not, cannot, and does not
claim to do more.

> So, I pay for hot coffee, I get hot coffee, and I can't sue for
> $4,000,000, and win? I buy a BMW fr $36,000, it comes with a nick in the
> paint, that the dealer fixes free of cost, so I can't sue and win
> $2,500,000? Nice country you are living in. In this one, both the cases
> the plaintiff won. Far more in excess of what they paid.

The subject is copyright and contract law, not personal injury.  If you are
worried about the latter forget KDE and think about the possibilty that a
user will suffer third degree burns when she spills her coffee when
startled by a bug in one of Debian's 1500+ packages.

Better hide under your bed.