Re: feature of cheking install size when installation.

Hi,

 Raul> Masato Taruishi <taruisma@sunicom.co.jp> wrote:
 >> Why don't you create the feature to check the installtion size before
 >> installing the real installation?

 Raul> That's a good question.

 Raul> At one point, we had most of the way decided how we wanted to do this,
 Raul> but I don't see it in the apt documentation -- not even on the TODO
 Raul> list.

	I have a copy of the script that looks at the du -S output and
 at /proc/mounts and figures out the space required for each
 partition. (We can look up the archives for details). I think it was
 at the point of being proposed for policy, but we lost the policy
 editor.

	Another good reason to wait was to release Hamm; now that we
 are close to that, mayeb we should look at the archives and create a
 summary? If we have a concrete proposal, we can get the apt
 developers to buy into it.

	manoj
 we really need a policy editor
--
 Like water on a lotus leaf, like a mustard seed on the point of an
 pin, he who is not stuck to the senses - that is what I call a