Re: Debian i386 freeze

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > > Except that the declared KDE position is that they will make no
> > > concessions in order to make harmony possible
> >
> > As Bruce Perens has said, SPI even offered to fund Harmony *IF* KDE
> > would use it.  They refused that too.  From what I have read, seen,
> I don't know, what Bruce said (when I met him, he used to talk a lot! ;),
> but I have never seen such an offer and I should have seen it.

This was before you joined Debian.  According to my memory this happened
around the time JFL sent 2.5,-- per CD to KDE and 2.5,-- per CD to Debian
and Debian had to decide what to do with the money.  As KDE didn't want
to support/use Harmony the money was spent for Gnome - a fact of which
some KDE people were very angry about.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Let's call it an accidental feature.  --Larry Wall