Re: SNMP packages

On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 01:38:32PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets
>
> and out.  All you need to do really is to see if there are references to
> /proc/net/ipacct or not.

It does not appear to, but I need to look closer.  This would be a
show stopper IMO, at least as far as the agent goes.

On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 08:55:39AM -0400, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
> If you're looking for a testing ground, feel free to contact me---it

Will do.  No promises as to when I'll have something ready though.

On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 02:31:37PM +0000, peloy@ven.ra.rockwell.com wrote:
> Just as a curiosity, do you know what are other distributions basing
> their SNMP packages on?

I believe RedHat uses the Linux-only version.  I don't know about
Slackware, Caldera, SUSE and Stampede.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road