Re: SNMP packages

On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 10:02:07PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 04:53:41PM -0400, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
> > Does the new release address some of the non-show-stopping issues that we
> > discussed a month or so ago?  Stuff like their attituted towards sonames on
> > shared libraries, etc?
> I don't know yet, but it doesn't really matter since I can resolve
> those problems myself.  I guess what I really want to know is if
> people are currently depending on functionality in the current
> packages that may not be in the UCD packages.

Then, as you've probably guessed, not only do I not have any packages like
that, I'm interested in the UCD stuff being the default since that brings
with it the opportunity to use the newer perl SNMP module.

If you're looking for a testing ground, feel free to contact me---it
generally only takes me about twenty minutes to put together a new library
package for perl (must work with Manoj about automating it, someday), and
that would seem to be as good a testing ground as any.

Cheers,

Mike.