Re: Time for some Clarity (KDE, Qt, Open Source...)

>I have a REAL problem with people who thing C++ is evil.  It is not.
>C++ is a very powerful language and many many programs are beginning to
>be written it in.  Including linuxconf...

everyone uses what he/she likes. gnome people seem to like plain c and scheme,
kde people like qt's version of c++.

>Well once GQt becomes stable would you then except KDE?
there will never be a qt clone (see motiv clone, windows clone, nextstep
clone).

> I think that GNOME and KDE should work together rather than fight with each
> other.

there people like to do software. if try to tell them how to do it, they will
loose the fun they have, and stop doing software at all.  either do something
yourself, or stop requesting things you are not willing todo yourself.

>But xf86config has some problems.  Users should only have to identify
>there card

no. read /proc/pci, and you get most information you need.

>Yes but some poeople like be have some fundemental diffrences.

don't listen to what people say. code is your statement.

>But in two are three years a lot of things can change..
>Who knows what will happen.

if you don't change things - why should other people do it.

>Why not.  Once a GQt comes out then it can be used with debain.  That is
>where I have a problem. KDE is a great system that is available now!  It
>will become fully GPL is due time.

kde will never switch from qt to some qt clone.  reasoning: it will only cause
trouble to them, and they have _no_ reason to do it.  and here i can agree
with them.

>I really think that GMONE and KDE should put there diffrences aside and
>work together.

the situation is easy : the welcome any interoperability, but they
spend there time on more important things.
if you create this code - fine, they will accept it.
if you are not willing to spend your own time on createing such code -
please stop asking other people to do so. this is free software.

>I would also wish Debian and KDE should put there diffrences aside and
>work together.

there are people who work together, and there are people who have differnces.
the second group is loud, but can be ignored.

>Right now the KDE desktop is really really nice now (but still needs
>work) and it offers an almost complete X desktop solution.

depending on your point of view. IMO kde is a big crap, maybe as nice looking
as windows, but as buggy ans misdesigned as windows too. maybe it will take
years, but someday it could be useable (like windows does).

andreas