Re: Having a non-free and a non-cd branch?

> The licences are to be interpreted by the behaviour of their authors.
> What TrollTech and KDE actually do is equivalent to a variation clause
> attached to the licences.

So I can publish a program under the a licence that gives people the right to
use it for free anywhere, anytime, and then mention on the program's homepage
that my religion insists that it not be used on the equinoxes, or in
Antarctica ?

I don't think so.

If a licence gives me a right, the author cannot restrict that right after
the fact.

KDE cannot therefore say that their binaries are covered by the GPL when
linked against Qt (to do so would be a violation of Qt's licence), so what
licence are they covered by.

None AFAICS, so we should not be distributing binaries of these packages.

Cheers, Phil.