The Debian logo, again

Ok folks. Are we ready to release hamm? Ok. But we can't release
it with a provisory license to the logo, so we need to agree on
a definitive one before the release.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the license for
use of the logo ("mr. Blue Eyes" it is being called) has not
been decided on, and it's being used currently with a provisory
license as you can check in http://www.debian.org/logos

Catch is, this provisory license expires next week (Jun 30).
When this happens, any use of the logo will be illegal - people
won't be able to print the logo on Debian CD's, and those who
already have will be in a strange position. We will have to take
it off of the pages, and won't be able to make an ad. And I
believe there are packages that contain the logo...

Of course we could just prorrogate the provisory license once
more (just sed s/Jun 30/Aug 30/) but all this does is leave the
problem for later (hide the dirt under the carpet), and I
believe it would be a bad thing to have an official release of
Hamm with a provisory license for the logo.

Assuming we will begin discussion of the license, I do have one
point to make (one I already made in debian-publicity).

***This license is very bad for advertisement.***

I can only stick the logo to my webpages if they're at least 50%
debian. Alas, they're not. So I can't stick a "Powered by
Debian" or "Get your Debian now!" type of button. This should be
permitted.

What I change is:

3. In the case of an informational product, such as a book or a set
   of web pages:
 a.at least half of the content matter is related to the Debian
   GNU/Linux Distribution; or
 b.the use of the logo is intended to promote or advertise the
   Debian GNU/Linux Distribution.

I can only stick the logo to a CD if it's at least 50% debian.
Bad again. Makers of "Tri-Linux" should be permitted to put all
4 logos (debian, RH, slack, caldera) on the cover. And so on.
I don't know how to safely deal with this; the current text is:

2. In the case of a software product, at least half of the product
   must be derived from the Debian GNU/Linux Distribution.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
   Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night...
                 pgp key in the web page

Free Software Union       --       http://www.fslu.org