Re: debian-brazilian

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra wrote:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
> >
> > So, how many Brazilian users/developers are there? (developers=3
>
> 	I for one.  Three machines here, one at home, and other at a friend's.
>

> > IIRC) I would really appreciate to start a debian-brazilian list
> > and a project to adapt debian to Brazilian Portuguese; what made
>
> 	I'm in!  I could tackle some translations, or perhaps revisions...
If you're interested in translations then you may be interested in the
Free Translation Project.  This is a GNU project making all binaries
that follow this standard speak another language.  It actually works too,
I got my 'ls' here to talk German (not that I knew what it was telling me)
$ export LANG="de"
$ ls foo
ls: foo: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

It's not really translation, it's just string substitution, but it probably
does the job.

I'm not sure if there is a Brazilian Portuguese language list, there is
a Portuguese one; though ls didn't have the language file.

Most of the GNU utilities have this feature, as does the GNOME project.
To add this feature in (for the programmer) is remarkably easy.

For more info, read ftp:ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/ABOUT-NLS

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
|@work: csmall@scooter.o.i.net,            @play: vk2xlz@vk2xlz.ampr.org|