Re: gnome againy

"Dr. Michael Meskes" <meskes@online-club.de> writes:

> Okay, I removed .gnome*

Good.

> bash-2.01$ panel &
> [1] 509
> bash-2.01$ GImLib ERROR: Cannot find palette file /usr/etc/im_palette.pal
> gdk_imlib: Cannot Find Palette. A Palette is required for this mode
> debug: need old_cfg here
>
> ** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

Ah.  That was a bug I just discovered in the imlib package (my fault,
since I repackaged it for Shaleh).

It only occurs for people running with 256 colour displays (I'm not,
so I never caught it).

It can be fixed very easily by editing /etc/im/imrc and changing the
line that reads:

PaletteFile                       /usr/etc/im_palette.pal

To be:

PaletteFile                       /etc/im/im_palette.pal

I've forwarded the fix on to Shaleh (and Raster), and there should be
a fixed imlib package soon.

Cheers,

 - Jim