Re: gnome againy

Jim Pick writes:
> Which version of imlib are you using?

ii  imlib-base      1.6-1.1        Common files needed by the Imlib/Gdk-Imlib p
ii  libgdk-imlib-de 1.6-1.1        Header files needed for Gdk-Imlib developmen
ii  libgdk-imlib1   1.6-1.1        Gdk-Imlib is an imaging library for use with
ii  libimlib-dev    1.6-1.1        Header files needed for Imlib development
ii  libimlib1       1.6-1.1        Imlib is an imaging library for X and X11

> You shouldn't have to configure anything to use the gnome applications
> - it should just work.  If it doesn't, then there are some bugs I need
> to fix.

I hope I can help you. :-)

> Oh!  One thing I forgot to mention in my announcement was that if you
> were using gnome 0.12 -- you really need to remove your ~/.gnome
> directory and start off fresh.  I suspect that is where you might be
> having some problems.

Okay, I removed .gnome*

bash-2.01$ panel &
[1] 509
bash-2.01$ GImLib ERROR: Cannot find palette file /usr/etc/im_palette.pal
gdk_imlib: Cannot Find Palette. A Palette is required for this mode
debug: need old_cfg here

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

However, I once was able to start panel, when I started the Xserver with
startx. This time I'm running icewm started through kdm. Maybe xdm will work
better?

> I should probably add that to the README - and maybe a note to try
> running "panel" to get to all the other applications.  Anything else I
> should put into the README?

So far I don't see more. How about the WMs that work with gnome?

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes		meskes@online-club.de, meskes@debian.org
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire!	Use Debian GNU/Linux!