Re: apt and hamm

apharris@burrito.onshore.com (Adam P. Harris) writes:

> Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> writes:
> >      I will be out of town after tomorrow for about a week, so I won't
> > be able to do anything on the README before then, but I don't think
> > 2.0 will be released before then.
>
> Perhaps not.  Anyhow we should take the autoup README and also add
> alternative instructions for using apt, I think.  If anyone's
> interested (especially Bob!) I have a collection of notes on how to go
> about upgrading with apt.

     Do you contemplate making one upgrade document that includes both
autoup and apt?  If so, please mail me your notes (directly please, I
will probably unsubscribe from the lists for a week), and I will
prepare a draft of such a document as soon as I get back early next
week.

     If this needs to be an sgml document, please give me detailed
instructions, as I have never used sgml (I normally use emacs for
everything; I know emacs has an sgml mode, but I don't know how to use
it.  Does a document have to be started under sgml, or can I write in
emacs and then call the sgml mode to convert it?)

     On a related note, autoup.sh can upgrade a buzz (1.1.x) system,
but it must have dpkg version 1.4 or higher available.  So a .deb from
bo is required on the CD - probably in the same directory where
autoup.sh resides.  It certainly shouldn't be in the regular archive!

Bob
-- _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>
  |_) (_) |_)      Palm City, FL  USA    PGP Key ID: A8E40EB9