Re: apt and hamm

apharris@burrito.onshore.com (Adam P. Harris) writes:
> Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> writes:
> >      There is a README for autoup.sh on
> > {ftp|http}://debian.vicnet.net.au/autoup/.
> >
> >      Both the README and autoup.sh should have a separate (simplified)
> > version for use on the CD.  (For instance, the script doesn't have to
> > be interactive on the CD.)  The CD versions will be quick and easy to
> > write, but can't be written until we know exactly where on the disk
> > autoup.sh is located, and path to the hamm files.
> >
> >      If Igor wanted to incorporate the autoup.sh README in
> > install.txt, that would eliminate the need to include it as a separate
> > file on the CD
>
> Interesting.  Apparently, there's going to be coverage of these topics
> in the release notes, not the install.sgml document.
>
> Volunteers?  I'm a bit overcommitted ;)

     I wrote the autoup.sh README, and have always expected to update it
for the CD and for the ftp archives and web page when hamm is stable.
Either Craig or I could update autoup.sh pretty quickly, once the
structure of the CD is established.  I would prefer to have Craig do
the autoup.sh update, since he doesn't always agree with my
modifications.

     I will be out of town after tomorrow for about a week, so I won't
be able to do anything on the README before then, but I don't think
2.0 will be released before then.

Bob
--
   _