Re: FIX FOR HAMM: timezone problem

On Tue, Jun 16, 1998 at 08:26:41AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> I'm sorry to disapoint you, but US/Central is a perfectly valid timezone.
> It is only intended for those parts of the central US where Daylight
> Savings Time is not practiced. You will notice that there are equivalet
> settings for the other timezones as well.

Uhmm, there is no state in the Central timezone that doesn't go on Daylight
Savings Time.

Two states in the continental US do not go on DST -- Indiana, in the
Eastern time zone, and Arizona, in the Mountain time zone.

This also can change on county-by-county basis.

I think US/Central is a reasonable assumption to make for someone living in
the Central timezone.  Perhaps some further clarification should be made.

Admittedly, the best thing would be for the United States to abandon the
Luddite notion of Daylight Savings Time, but that's not something Debian
can change soon.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |  Murphy's Guide to Science:
Purdue University                   |  If it's green or squirms, it's biology.