Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.

karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

>  I would like to have `mc' and the two packages it depends on placed
>  into the base set.

I think this is a horrendously bad idea.

>  We could then get rid of both `elvis-tiny' and `ae', and be left
>  with a powerful tool that is easy for beginners and experienced
>  folks alike.

And we would be left without an editor which works when in single user
mode.  What a plan.

>  `mc', the Midnight Commander, has a very nice editor built in now.

Does it do vi emulation?  I didn't think so.

>  `mc' will let you look inside of and install `.deb' files also.

Gosh, what a revolutionary concept.  I did hear about something else
that could do that though.  What was it? dekg? dplg?  I can't
remember.

--
James
~Yawn And Walk North~