Re: mirror-2.9 released, and hopefully DFSG compliant

"Dirk" == Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> writes:

Dirk> Note that the license currently states that distributing
Dirk> modified versions of mirror is not koscher.

I fretted at first, then noticed what it prohibited was distributing
modified "code", not modified "binaries" as pine demands.  This may
just be an unclear attempt to prevent people from passing off hacked
code as the unmodified mirror program, something Debian, with its
.diff.gz, doesn't do.

But it still needs to be possible for people to modify the program
after renaming it, as the Artistic license allows.  Hmmmmmm....

---------------------  PGP  E4 70 6E 59 80 6A F5 78  63 32 BC FB 7A 08 53 4C

   __ _    Debian GNU         Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net>      mm   mm
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __        "netgod"     irc.debian.org          mm mm
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <      Yes, I'm Linus, and I am your God.     mm   mm
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\       -- Linus, keynote address, Expo 98   GO BLUE