Re: upstreams maintainer conflict, was: wget: remove outdated manual page

On Fri, May 29, 1998 at 12:08:25PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:

> Get the help-output from gwet and make the new man-page.
>
> Gruss
> Grisu

This has already been done on 16 May by Raul Miller, who posted a "pod"
manpage on this list. Hrvoje apparently approved and offered to include it in
the next release of wget.

Now, where is the problem?
Debian 2.0 will have wget version 1.4.5 (which included the old manpage in
the sources), and for that nothing can be done, meaning that the release is in
deep-freeze and Nicolás is not allowed to upgrade it with the new upstream
release.

I don't know if Nicolás has already uploaded wget 1.5.1 with the new manpage,
but, as Hrvoje has already decided to include it in 1.5.2, then there is all
the time to wait for the new upstream release.

In fact version 1.5 is in slink, which is "higly unstable" and will not be
released within the next 3/4 months; users are still discuraged to install
slink (I didn't, I don't even mirror it yet).

Said that, I hope that everybody see that this is now a non-problem.

fab