Re: telnet / nfs / ftp broken in current hamm?

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 12:57:14PM +0200, Brederlow wrote:
[snip]
> Therefore I believe the network works fine.
>
> When I try to telnet from my maschine I get
>
> Connected to <other comp>
> Escape character is '^]'.
>
> and after a while the connection is closed by foreign host.  Same with
> ftp. And nfs stops with an timeout.
>
> Are there any configfiles that have changed lately that terminate
> outgoing connections or something else?

	If the other end uses tcp_wrappers paranoid setting it will
	drop connections if your (reverse) DNS is screwed..

	Don't know how you all feel, but could we please keep usage
	questions on debian-user, even if they may indicate bugs somewhere?
	These are already very active lists, and this message doesn't
	actually relate to development of Debian. (Nothing personal - your
	message was just the last straw to make me post)
--
tv-nospam-sig-1@hq.yok.utu.fi - it's a valid address w/o spam