Re: Open Source-ness of ircII

Hi, thanks again for everyone's patience in resolving this thing!

Hopefully we can come up with something that Matt can apply to the
current ircII (and pass on to the various derivatives), so that we can
forget this and go back to coding:->

(to the debian group) So.. first of all, would anyone in the Bay area
who has been following this like to try contacting Mr. Sandrof?  I
will do it if no one steps forward by Tuesday (Monday is a holiday
here in the US).

(to Matt ) Notwithstanding my preference for the GNU License (GPL),
that Troy mentions below, I have the impression that a BSD style
license may be more in keeping with the authors' wishes...

Lastly.. I guess we should write a new "copyright" file, if not for
inclusion in the main ircII distribution, at least for the inclusion
in the Debian versions of ircII and co., so that the program clearly
and without doubts can be identified as free software, once we hear
from Michael Sandrof.

I realize this is sort of a pain, but, I suppose it's necessary, and
I'd really like to see this code distributed with Debian:-)

Here is Troy's email to me, forwarded with his permission and with his
address deleted as per his request.
-----Forwarded message from Troy Rollo <troy@---.---.au>-----