Re: Drop DFSG in favour of OSD?

Hi,
	I would also like to point out that the DFSG is not a ``dead''
 document; once we ratify the current document (as I recall, there
 were a few people who would like the DFSG to be more lax, and others
 who thought it was not strict enough) I (we?) would like to propose
 changes: for example, we do not address the issue od documentation
 adequately (anyone who reads comp.lang.perl.misc would be aware of
 the explosive debates occurring there).

	So, for Debian, the DFSG may continue to evolve (I would also
 like to add NPL as an acceptable licence); we cannot assume that the
 Open source document would do the same, and, at any rate, we have no
 control over how that document changes.

	This is Debian; we need a document defining what we consider
 free software. It is preferable we have control over this
 document. Need I say more?

	manoj
--
 Talent is what you possess; genius is what possesses you.