Re: Drop DFSG in favour of OSD?

> Actually, it probably would be appropriate to have a document which
> discusses some of the more prominent hstory (and successes) behind
> "open source". I think Debian, Cygnus, GNU, the FSF and rms all deserve
> explicit mention (chronological order is roughly the revers of what I've
> listed).

Righto.  I just meant in the "what do we call our DFSG now that somebody's
changed the name" ... we keep calling them DFSG with the note that the
Open Source guidelines are the same but renamed.

	I suppose that if Open Source really takes off I'll vote for just
dropping the DFSG name entirely eventually,  just because having seventeen
sets of standards which are all the same is silly,  and I'd rather bite
the bullet and use somebody else's name than have nobody understand DFSG.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |