Re: virtual package for apache required?

On 24 May 1998, Christoph Martin wrote:

> remco@Cal011205.student.utwente.nl (Remco Blaakmeer) writes:
>

> > On Fri, 15 May 1998, Christoph Martin wrote:
> >
> > > I propose the following:
> > >
> > > apache and apache-ssl should both depend on the apache-common and
> > > provide apache-virtual (or else) and the other packages (as php) could
> > > then depend on it.
> >
> > Do these "other packages" currently depend on "apache"? Then inventing a
> > new name for the virtual package would be a real pain. But there is no
> > need. Just let apache-ssl provide "apache" and let both apache and
> > apache-ssl depend on apache-common.
> >

> This is, what I did, but at the moment apache-common has file
> conflicts with apache until the maintainer of apache changes his
> package. But he is not reacting.

*grin*

Johnie is a busy chap.  He's reacting all right.  I have talked to him
about this (in the context of of mod_perl) and he is certainly working on
it.

Don't expect anything for hamm, though.  But in slink, you can expect a
separate mod_perl package as well (assuming the mod_perl people get there
act together and make it possible for me to compile a completely distinct
library).

Jules