Re: installer bug

"Dan Winkler" <heydan@tiac.net> writes:
> The first problem is that I can't get it to recognize my swap partition.  It
> displays the message "There are no Linux swap partitions present on the
> system."

     First, your message would be more appropriately sent to debian-user.

     I experienced the same problems you describe when testing the
1998-04-12 disks, but not with newer ones.  I just checked one of the
mirrors (llug.sep.bnl.gov) and found that the disks-i386 directory had
a 1998-04-11 and a 1998-04-26 subdirectory, but the symlink "current"
points to 1998-04-11.

     I suggest you get the disks you need from Incoming.  The set in
Incoming is 2.0.6, which worked well for me.  (I'm referring to the
1.44mb disks - the 1.2 mb ones are still troublesome.)

     Not all mirrors include Incoming.  llug.bnl.sep.org does, and I
think ftp1.us.debian.org does.  ftp.debian.org does not mirror Incoming.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>