installer bug

Please cc any replies to me as I'm not on this list.

I've downloaded the frozen disks and I'm trying to do a fresh install.
The first problem is that I can't get it to recognize my swap partition.  It
displays the message "There are no Linux swap partitions present on the
system."  That's wrong, there is a swap partition and I can see it in fdisk
or whatever the program is that the installer calls for me.  When I try to
"initialize a swap partition", it tells me "No DOS 12-bit FAT partitions
that had not already been mounted were detected" -- even if I change the
type of my desired swap partition to be DOS 12-bit FAT.  This swap
partition is one that the bo installer happily used -- I'm now trying to
install hamm into the same partitions I used before.

I'm stuck.  Any suggestions?