Re: installer bug

Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> writes:

>      First, your message would be more appropriately sent to debian-user.

Blame me, I told him to ask here.  IMO if you can't install from
frozen/disks-i386/current, then we have a release critical bug, so we
need to hear about it here.  I asked him (private email) to file a bug
against ftp.debian.org so that it'll get fixed.  (Dan, could you make
that bug "Severity: Important"?)

Apologies if it's already been reported as a bug (Dan, please make
sure to check that first), but I've been a little busy, and haven't
had time to be as thorough as I'd like.

>      I suggest you get the disks you need from Incoming.  The set in
> Incoming is 2.0.6, which worked well for me.  (I'm referring to the
> 1.44mb disks - the 1.2 mb ones are still troublesome.)

Thanks for the quick solution.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>