Re: Drop DFSG in favour of OSD?

Hi,
>>"Jim" == Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> writes:

 Jim> Wouldn't it make more sense if we no longer refer to our licensing
 Jim> guidelines as the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG), and instead
 Jim> choose to call them the "Open Source Definition" (OSD)?  They are the
 Jim> same thing - and it would be a bit less confusing if there was only
 Jim> one name.

	Yup, and they could have continued to call it the DFSG
 too. They choose to distance themselves from Debian. I see no reason
 to switch. Morever, there is no guarantee that the two documents may
 not diverge in the future. Lots of commercial concerns are weighing
 in with the Open Source people; who knows what influences may be
 brought to bear?

	There. FUD. I like it ;-)

	manoj
 irritated that the DFSG was not just quoted, but copied and renamed.
--
 Your boss is thinking about you.